Toronto Prep Academy Malaysia offers Ontario high school credits toward an Ontario Secondary School Diploma. Graduating in Ontario gives you the chance to study university in Canada or around the world.
OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma)
TPAM offers secondary school credit courses that lead to an Ontario Secondary School Diploma. These credits are the same as any secondary school in Ontario. Every TPAM course meets the requirements of the Ontario Ministry of Education:
- 4 credits in English (1 credit per grade, maximum of 2 ESL credits)
- 1 credit in French as a second language (or International Language)
- 3 credits in mathematics (at least 1 credit in Grade 11 or 12)
- 1 credit in Canadian Geography 2 credits in science
- 1 credit in Canadian History
- 1 credit in arts
- 1 credit in health and physical education
- 5 credit in civics
- 5 credit in career studies PLUS
- 1 additional credit in English, OR a third language, OR social sciences and the humanities (family studies, philosophy, world religion), OR Canadian and world studies (civics, economics, geography, history, law, politics)
- 1 additional credit in health and physical education, OR arts, OR business studies
- 1 additional credit in science (Grade 11 or 12) OR technological education (Grade 9 – 12)
- 12 credits in addition to the 18 compulsory credits above
Road to Obtain an Ontario Secondary School Diploma
Typically, a Malaysian student with at least a “C” average in SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia) will need to complete six credits and pass the English Literacy Test to obtain an OSSD in 10 months.
TPAM will evaluate each applicant and recommend the number of credits and courses required to obtain an OSSD.
All students receive instructions to complete their course. You also receive the materials you need, including books. TPAM also provides extra support in tutorials.
Once the students complete the requirements and pass the final exam, they are issued the official Ontario transcript from Toronto Preparatory Academy (in Toronto, Ontario).
For more detailed information on the process to obtain an Ontario Secondary School Diploma, you can view this document:
Toronto Preparatory Academy has partnerships with colleges and universities across Canada, many of which send representatives to recruit in person. Our guidance personnel work hard to ensure students have the requirements for the post-secondary institution of their choice.
Are you looking to study English instead of, or in addition to, high school credits. Toronto Prep Academy offers a variety of English programs. Click below for more information:
English as a Second Language
- Develop your English skills from beginner to advanced
English Proficiency Test Prep
- Prepare for the IELTS, TOEFL, or TOEIC
- Build your ability to communicate in the English-speaking business world
- Study in a UK-recognized professional development program